The quality of the air we breathe indoors here in Oswego has always been an important subject. Since the onset of COVID-19, it has gained even greater attention because of all the extra time we’ve spent within our homes.
In this post, we’ll review some of the main issues concerning air quality and how a good air filtration system can serve you.
Air Quality Oswego IL: Factors and Your Health
It might be hard to imagine, but the air we breathe at home can be even more polluted than the air we breathe outdoors. That’s because over time all kinds of material can gather in and move through our ductwork.
There are many potential sources of indoor air pollution. Just a few include mold; cigarette smoke; emissions from burning oil, gas, kerosene, coal or wood; asbestos from insulation; residual chemicals from household cleaning and personal care products; and outdoor sources that seep in, such as radon, pesticides and external air pollution.
Inadequate ventilation likewise compromises indoor air quality. Ventilation that is blocked by pollutants or damaged will not bring in enough outdoor air to dilute matter and emissions from indoor sources. It also will not carry indoor air pollutants out of the home. Signs of improper ventilation can be condensation on windows or walls, musty-smelling air and dirty HVAC equipment.
If indoor pollutants are allowed to accumulate and concentrate, they can begin to aggravate health conditions such as allergies, asthma or a sinus infection. If someone in your home in Oswego speaks more often about such a condition, the indoor air could be something to discuss as a possible factor with a doctor or the health department.
Another source of decreasing quality can be improper humidity levels. If the air is too humid or not humid enough, it will affect your comfort within it.
Air Filtration Oswego IL: What You Can Do
If you live or work in Oswego and you think you might have a problem with air quality, you can contact an air quality professional to have your air quality tested and evaluated. The optimal solution may then be to install an air filtration system.
A good air filtration system for your Oswego home or office will:
- clean your air by reducing contaminants that can develop each day, including those we bring in on our hands, clothes and shoes.
- eradicate odors with a photocatalytic device that scrubs them from the air, including pet odors, cigarette smoke, paint fumes and even the occasional burned food item.
- reduce irritating particles that can cause issues such as sneezing, itching and poor sleep by using specialized light waves and a catalytic process that purifies the air with scrubbing molecules of oxygen and hydrogen.
- help extend HVAC system life by trapping dirt, dust and other debris before it enters the air filter and compromises the coils and blower that keep your system running. Less accumulation on the coils and blower leads to less system strain, which keeps your HVAC efficient for you and contributes to lower utility costs.
Beery Heating and Cooling: Air Filtration for Oswego IL
At Beery Heating and Cooling, Our technicians specialize in evaluating air quality for Oswego, and we can discuss having your own air filtration system for breathing cleaner, purer air at home or work.
We install the Air Scrubber by Aerus® with certified technology from space exploration. It uses ActivePure, a variation of technology developed in cooperation with NASA to create a safer atmosphere for astronauts on the International Space Station. That science is now available to benefit you in your own home.
Made in the USA, the Air Scrubber:
- attaches easily to your HVAC system
- keeps your air at home cleaner around the clock
- requires only 18 watts of electricity
- complies with all federal, EPA, FDA & OSHA regulations
The air-cleaning technology has been proven to be effective in environments ranging from schools and hospitals to the Liberty Bell and the Ground Zero Museum.
Here for Answers and Service
We are an Oswego-based business with a long history of serving our community. We welcome every opportunity to contribute to a greater quality of indoor air. If you would like to further discuss air filtration for your home in Oswego, give us a call at (630) 585-6444. We’ll be glad to hear from you and answer your questions.